|Version 11 (modified by brendan, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Issues to be resolved before the next point release (1.5.21)
IMAP delimiter bug
- Identify code that mangles URLs or inserts folder delimiters
- Figure out which of that code runs before a delimiter is known.
- mailboxes +foo where $folder is an IMAP folder, e.g., imap://server/INBOX should use the correct delimiter between INBOX and foo. The trick is that this is expanded before a connection is opened to get the delimiter for INBOX. Possibly we could add a 'not normalized' bit to the buffy list, and do the glue after the connection has been opened.
In general, the problem is that mutt_expand_path may be called before a connection is open, and it returns a simple string, so it's hard to signal that we don't have a real delimiter yet.
- For IMAP urls, keep a separate table for entries where the delimiter isn't yet known, that records the original, unexpanded path and the guessed expansion. When it sees a URL matching the guessed expansion, it can go back to the unexpanded form and reexpand it with the known delimiter. Complicated.
- Defer path expansion until just before the path is actually accessed. Might have some effects on the display, but should be otherwise robust.