This is a generic in-depth functionality oriented guide to what mutt can do for you,
from first steps, getting things running, and high-end fine tuning as seen in various configs from ConfigList & ConfigTricks.
The UseCases show how to reach a specific goal and so use a different approach.
Please look at the current documentation to see if your requests for specific features in Form, Structure, Style, Content and Topics aren't already provided.
If you can't find it you can provide it yourself or make a request for it by putting it at the bottom in the to-do: list:
Basics to get going
- MuttGuide/Introduction: how to use this guide.
- MailConcept: how mail flow between computers and your mailbox.
- MuttGuide/Setup: compile-time, install, extra packages.
- MuttGuide/Syntax: the run-time config file.
- MuttGuide/Folders: management, mbox, maildir, subfolders, shortcuts.
- MuttGuide/Actions (views, menus): modes, save, reply, forward, change folder, macros.
- MuttGuide/Send: concept, compose, encoding.
- MuttGuide/Receive: concept, spoolfile, mailboxes, notifications.
- MuttFaq/Charset: what and why things can go wrong.
- Encryption: why, why not, security in stored files.
- Dynamic & complex configuration for special tasks.
If this guide doesn't answer your questions please check the UseCases.